Everything built in, from the get-go.
Microsoft SQL Server 2016 delivers breakthrough mission critical performance, deeper insights across any data on many devices, and enables the power of hyperscale cloud to unlock new hybrid scenarios. It has preeminent, enterprise-ready features, and you can be ready to advance with SQL Server on Microsoft Azure, and with Azure SQL Database.
It's time to start benefiting from the new world of SQL Server.
- Performance: Enhanced in-memory performance provides up to 30x faster transactions, more than 100x faster queries than disk-based relational databases and real-time operational analytics.
- Security upgrades: New always-encrypted technology helps protect your data at rest and in motion, on-premises and in the cloud.
- High Availability: Even higher availability and performance than SQL Server 2014.
Deeper insights across data.
- Advanced analytics: use the scalability and performance benefits of building and running your advanced analytics algorithms directly in the core SQL Server transactional database.
- Powerful insights on any device: business insights through rich visualisations on mobile devices with native apps for Windows, iOS and Android.
- Access any data: simplify management of relational and non-relational data by querying both using PolyBase.
Build it in the cloud with Azure.
Cloud-based SQL makes maintaining applications simple. With Azure, built-in intelligence learns the patterns of your apps and maximises performance and reliability over time. Scale without worry of downtime, and work with the tools and applications you prefer.
Gain deeper insights into your data with new capabilities that go beyond business intelligence to perform advanced analytics directly within your database. SQL Server 2016 delivers a complete database platform for hybrid cloud, enabling you to easily build, deploy and manage solutions that span on-premises and cloud.