Go Mobile: Get Your Organisation Moving With These 4 Devices
One look around your office, and it's easy to see the undeniable trend: Ultrabooks, Laptops, 2-in-1s: Today’s workforce is more mobile than ever.
In fact, the global mobile workforce is predicted to increase to 1.75 billion by 2020, accounting for 42% of the total global workforce.
Organisations now have their pick of devices to meet employee and business needs.
Sleek devices are available in a range of styles from clamshell, convertible and detachable to touch-screen styles. They stand up to employee check lists: ease of use, durability, exceptional battery life, lightweight, business-class performance and more. Just as important, they offer wireless tech, such as wireless docking allowing employees to get up and running faster.
Of course, the biggest payoff for organisations is efficiency and a boost in productivity. Six in 10 employees (60%) said mobile technology makes them more productive. That’s according to a new global study, “Mobility, Performance and Engagement” by the Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) and sponsored by Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise company.
Among the benefits of going mobile:
- Being able to work anytime, anywhere
- The ability to collaborate
- Access to mobile information
- Workplace freedom
The booming growth in our mobile and remote workforce is propelling organisations to support a broad range of mobile priorities as part of their overall corporate mobility strategy, according to Cisco. A top priority for many enterprises? Broadening the range of connected mobile devices. As many as 47% of firms are expanding the breadth or depth of connected-device support for employees.
But pairing the right device with the right employee isn’t always easy. Job function, degree of mobility and employee preference are all important factors in the decision-making process.
Here are four devices to consider that can help your organisation maximise going mobile.
- Double duty — Microsoft’s sleek Surface Pro 4 is billed as the tablet that can replace your laptop. The mobile workstation, featuring a Surface pen for easy note taking, allows you to quickly move positions to meet myriad business needs. Starting from $1,195 ex GST
- Travel time — The thin, light, tough design of the HP ProBook 400 series gives mobile professionals powerful tools to stay productive on the go. Equipped for productivity, this ProBook delivers the performance and security features essential for today’s mobile workforce. Starting from $1,075 ex GST
- Durability — Lenovo’s Thinkpad T460 Ultrabook combines a durable chassis with a comfortable typing experience, plus up to 18 hours of battery life to get the job done. Starting from $1,199 ex GST
- Manage the everyday - Be ready for whatever the day throws at you with the easy-to-manage Dell Latitude 5000 series. Count on powerful productivity packed in a sleek, versatile design with best-in-class security and manageability. Starting from $1,110 ex GST
Strategically sourced hardware through Insight
Insight delivers a comprehensive portfolio of hardware products, offering both flexible and dynamic services to our clients. Our hardware services includes, device configuration, field services and asset recovery.
Through our key hardware partners and expertise in strategic sourcing we are able to connect you with a myriad of solutions ensuring your business fully realises its vision for the future.